Vanessa Pike-Russell

After much deliberation I have decided to hire a stall at the Shellharbour Village Markets, starting on August 9th and once a month on the second Sunday thereafter. I will be selling gluten free biscotti, (chocolate biscotti and biscotti with pistachio), my world famous butter shortbread and some cannoli with a sweet ricotta cheese filling. I have been making butter shortbread since I was a teenager and it is much requested by friends and family. The gluten free biscotti is inspired by my visit to Tutti in Italia, Italian Day at Wollongong Mall earlier in the year and I will be selling hot chocolate as well, the perfect accompaniment and is sure to warm me up as I man the stall from 9am until 2pm.

I will also have my photography portfolio and some samples of my work in commercial, food and portrait photography and I will be offering special packages including glamour photography sessions and 3, 6, 9 and 12 month baby portrait sessions.

Over the next week I will be trialling three varieties of gluten free biscotti
  • one with cornmeal, cornflour and xanthum gum and pistachios
  • millet flour, buckwheat flour, quinoa flower and cranberries
  • another with millet flour, buckwheat flour, quinoa flour and unsweetened cocoa
I'm also testing out a recipe for Cannoli filled with ricotta from the Womens Weekly Italian Cookbook. I'm a big fan of Cannoli since my first visit to Tonitto Continental Cakes in Port Kembla and I love ricotta cheesecake so I'm excited about the combination.

I've missed out on a lot of late due to poor health and I'm glad to be getting back into the swing of things. Bring on Spring!


Tweet This
0 Responses

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a speedier response please email me at vanessa.pike.russell [at] gmail.com

Google Map


View Illawarra Food Reviews in a larger map

Upcoming events


Declare your love of Illawarra Food