Vanessa Pike-Russell

Lemon and Garlic Scallops with squid ink pasta at Antics Restaurant, Wollongong NSW 2500 Australia, originally uploaded by Vanessa PR.

Lemon Scallops $24.50

I had never heard of squid-ink pasta before this meal. I really liked it! After doing some googling I found out the following:

Squid ink, which is also available from the Cuddlefish (related to the Squid family), is added to the water and dough as pasta is made, creating very black colored pasta. This ink provides a salty and somewhat sweet flavor as an ingredient and coloring to the pasta.

The scallops were very tasty. I loved the mixture of lemon and garlic. The flavours worked well with the lemon giving the dish a fresh, zingy taste which was balanced by the pasta. A lovely meal.


Veal Parmigiana $24.50
Veal Parmigiana at Antics Restaurant, Wollongong NSW 2500 Australia

The vegetables were cooked to perfection - cooked yet crunchy - just the way I like them! The veal parmigiana was very tasty. I love the presentation of the mashed potato.



Antics Restaurant
76 Crown Street
Wollongong , NSW 2500

Send Page
Tweet This
0 Responses

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a speedier response please email me at vanessa.pike.russell [at] gmail.com

Google Map


View Illawarra Food Reviews in a larger map

Upcoming events


Declare your love of Illawarra Food