Vanessa Pike-Russell
My foodie friend Maryann from Kiama asked me if I knew where to find Pomegranate molasses.
First I did a Google Australia search and found a link to an Gourmet Shopper - an online gourmet food products website which sells Pomegranate Molasses, then I hit gold and found a recipe from SMH Good Living article online


Pomegranate molasses

1.5 litres (6 cups) pomegranate juice
250ml (1 cup) lemon juice
220g (1 cup) caster sugar
Place all the ingredients in an enamel saucepan over a medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
Once the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1.5-2 hours, or until reduced to approximately 500ml (2 cups).
Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely before placing in a jar. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 2 cups

Recipe and image from Bill Granger's recipe for Pomegranate Molasses on SMH Good Living


Tweet This
Labels: |
Bookmark and Share
0 Responses

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a speedier response please email me at vanessa.pike.russell [at] gmail.com

Google Map


View Illawarra Food Reviews in a larger map

Upcoming events


Declare your love of Illawarra Food