Vanessa Pike-Russell
I LOVE seafood. When I was two my father owned an oyster lease up near Tin Can Bay in Queensland. My family operated a seafood business selling fish, prawns, crabs and oysters to people staying in the caravan parks and accommodation in Rainbow Beach and Noosa. My Dad is an expert at shucking oysters, peeling prawns and filleting fish. Both my Mum and Dad make wonderful sauces to go with seafood (recipes to come) but I doubt they can beat this Asian style seafood sauce similar to the one I encountered in a small restaurant in Hobart, Tasmania.

I stumbled upon it on foodbuzz.com and it took my interest straight away. The fresh flavours of lime, chilli and cilantro mixed with garlic and fish sauce work really well together and a very different accompaniment to seafood than the Australian standard of Tartare sauce or cocktail sauce. Give it a try and use some of the leftovers (if there are any) as a dipping sauce.

The Sauce That Can Go With Any Seafood
as seen on I Just Love My Apron,
found on Foodbuzz

Recipe and photo by I Just Love My Apron

Seafood Sauce-Asian Style
Yield: about 1/2 cup

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons fish sauce
4 tablespoons sugar
3 limes, juice
4 big garlic cloves
1-1 1/2 tablespoons chopped ginger
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
4 Thai Chilies (aka Bird's eye Chili)--Please adjust it to your preference

Directions:
  • Add garlic, chili, ginger, and cilantro into a food processor. Pulse about 5 times until it's coarsely chopped.
  • Add sugar, pulse 5 times until all mixed together
  • Add fish sauce and lime juice, pulse 3 times. Sugar should be dissolved into the mixture.
  • Taste to correction and adjust it to your preference.
Tweet This
0 Responses

Post a Comment

If you'd like to get a speedier response please email me at vanessa.pike.russell [at] gmail.com

Google Map


View Illawarra Food Reviews in a larger map

Upcoming events


Declare your love of Illawarra Food